My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

Nom nom nom December 28, 2010

So, Christmas day at work was pretty good. I was chippy filling all day, which was ok, but the words “Merry Christmas” really loose all meaning when you say them 200-300 times with every order.

“There you go guys” slide tray towards guest, “Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!!!” Cheesy smile.

I stayed in a pretty decent mood though, which I think was all started by one of my very first guests who actually thanked me for working on Christmas day. Thank you very much, you lovely man! The end of the night turned into a bit of a shambles though, as the only people left to bump me out hadn’t been trained in Chippy, but they were put there anyway! I’m rather glad I wasn’t closing, although I really pity Terri who basically had to close Chippy, and train all the newbies how to close chippy, as she was the only one there who knew what she was doing!!!

Anyway, chippy was eventually closed successfully, and Terri eventually joined me round at Stuart’s flat for Christmas dinner. Stuart had offered to cook (with the aid of Dan) Christmas dinner for a group of us. This group turned into 18 people eating!!! They cooked two turkeys! Loads of veg, god knows how much gravy, and most of it went 😀 It was an amazing dinner. If you’re going to spend Christmas away from home, away from family, away from tradition… make your own tradition and have a mass Disney-family dinner!!! 😀 I actually didn’t feel home sick… although I did miss the brussel sprouts 😛

In short, Stuart and Dan did an amazing job, and I hold my hat up to them (if I had a hat!). You guys are free to cook me dinner any time you like! 😛 (Joking)

Since then, the last couple of days have been pretty normal. They’ve been utterly freezing, even colder than back in the UK (or at least, in Bristol). I was on chippy registers yesterday (boxing day), and thank god we got moved inside. It was so quiet though, we barely took 500 transactions between both tills. For information, we took over 500 on each till on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Today, I was on beer cart. The rules had been changed though… it used to be that if the temperature dropped below 45F, beer cart would get closed. This morning, the managers received an email from the Epcot management saying that this would now change to 38F. Personally, this was too cold for me. And I should know, I was stood out on beer cart today… doing roughly 40 transactions an hour, until the very second it hit 38F, when Jack (the manager) radio’d down to say close beer cart! My god, was I happy to hear this news… I think my nose might’ve dropped off otherwise!

Tomorrow, I don’t start work until 5:15, so I have the morning to relax and do some stuff. Not sure what I’m going to do, but I’m sure it’ll be fun.

So for now, I bid you good night!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 + 3 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>