My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

Hello Chippy, not seen you in a while! March 2, 2011

This morning saw the final touch of cleaning, including throwing the rubbish out and vacuuming the carpets. Then the inspection guys came round, and I was the only one in. Everyone else had gone to work. We, of course, passed… but we were so close to getting a white glove award, which is kinda annoying. A white glove award is when you’re flat is so clean that it surpasses expectations. Apparently we fell short on two counts – the sink in the other bathroom wasn’t wiped, and the oven needed one more wipe too. But hey, Terri doesn’t like Ferrero Rochers (the prize for a white glove) and she does like the little bags of cookies we get for passing.

So, after the inspection people left, I still had some time to kill before work, so I decided to go to Hollywood Studios. Once there, I grabbed some lunch from Starring Rolls Cafe. There wasn’t any seating room, so I had it as takeaway and took it back to Epcot with me to eat before work. Turned out I had less time than I thought I did, so I left HS pretty quickly and came to Epcot. (I always leave plenty of time for this, as the boats can take a while to show up). Lunch (when I eventually ate it) was very yummy, and filled a hole that needed filling.

Work was pretty much the same as usual. I was greeting for a while, then had my break, then was seating for the rest of the night. We got pretty busy, so I ended up busing tables as well as seating, and it was a pretty fun night really. We had a good team on the floor, and all was fun.

I had to help close chippy too. I haven’t closed chippy in ages!!! I walked over there and just glanced at the condiment carts and groaned. It took me as long to complete sorting the carts as it did for everyone else to clean inside chippy. Either way, we were still all done by 9:30, and then I came home.

And now it’s now. We’ve had a bite to eat, and It’s an early night for both Terri and I. We have training interviews (to become trainers) tomorrow morning, at silly times. So I still have to go to Epcot first thing in the morning, even though it’s my day off. Yay. So for now, night night!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 × = 36