My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

Jumping all over the place! March 4, 2011

Today has been a lot of fun, I’ve been all over the place. Started my day off quite late, but I went to magic kingdom. Tried to find some lunch, but it was actually rather busy. Plaza Restaurant was fully booked, Liberty Tree Inn had closed to change between lunch and dinner menus, so I kept walking round to a little quick service stand called Golden Oak Outpost. I got myself a chicken sandwich, and it was the best chicken sandwich I’ve had in a while! The chicken was twice the size of the bun! The salad and dressing was really tasty too.

After that, I went to browse the shops for a bit. I’d watched the parade while eating lunch, which was awesome, but I didn’t really fancy doing any attractions today. The shops at MK are always worth a browse though.

My next stop was Downtown Disney. Mostly, I just wanted to check out the lego store, as usual. I had fun browsing the other shops there too. The magnet store is always a bit of a laugh too. By this time it was about 6:30pm, and I was meeting Terri after she finished work at 8, in epcot. So off to the buses for me.

I caught the first bus there, which happened to be going to Old Key West. From Downtown, you always have to transfer via a resort to get to the parks. So I went to Old Key West, and waited there for the next bus to epcot. It started raining while I was there. It had been trying to rain all day. Thankfully, it stopped again by the time I got to epcot.

So I found Terri, waited for her to finish work and get changed, then went to find some dinner. We decided upon Tutto Italia, but they had no space. After much wandering and indecisiveness, we eventually went to China’s quick service place, even though I’ve been there before. It was just as good as the last time.

After that it’d started raining again, so we stopped off at the Rose and Crown for takeaway dessert before coming back home.

And now i’m here, and we’re just chilling out, and eating our yummy chocolate scotch cakes. Tomorrow, I think i’m training someone on seating, which will be fun as I’ll get to do magic moment with them in the evening!

For now, I bid you goodbye!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 − = 1