My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

No Training on Day Three. March 7, 2011

I was meant to be training again today… Opening chippy, I think. I had a 10:45 start, at least, and that’s usually training chippy open. However, I believe I was meant to be training Adam, a guy who self termed in his first few days. So I clocked into CDS, which then told me to enjoy my training shift! I found that very bizarre. Then, when I hit CDS again at 11am, I picked up opening greeter. All very strange, but fine by me! 😀

Terri was assigning again, so we had a good little double team going, and I was having fun. Then I had my silly little 15min break, and came back to seating. It wasn’t too busy, so I managed to make myself busy around and about. I finished nice and early today, at 5:45, and as I had a change of clothes with me, I decided I’d try for dinner in Magic Kingdom again!

So off I trundled to the monorail, found my way to Magic Kingdom and wandered up to the Plaza Restaurant. They took me in on a 10-15min wait, and my pager buzzed in about 2 minutes. 😀 I was rather happy at that. The food was amazing, I had a chicken burger and chips (proper thick chips, not fries), and a brownie sundae, and I couldn’t eat all of it. The service, however, was a little disappointing, but the food made up for it.

I thought I was going to miss wishes though, as it was about 7:55 by the time I finished. However, the Magic Memories and You show hadn’t started, and I was rather confused by this. It usually starts 15minutes before wishes. So I checked my Epcot tell-a-cast and found, to my surprise, that MK was open until midnight, and wishes was at 9pm, not 8!!! 😀 This made me a very happy girlie. 😀

So, I came out of my lovely dinner, truly stuffed, and decided to browse the shops to kill time. I watched the glass maker for a bit, while he finished off a new design of Mickey. I watched a bit of the parade, even though it was far too cold to stand outside. I basically just wasted time before the light show and wishes. I found a spot slap bang in the middle of the street and enjoyed the show! It wasn’t even that busy! I had a large clear space around me, and I had a great view of the fireworks. I always love wishes, it makes me so happy and hopeful and all squee inside. 😛

And now I’m home, and Terri has gone out, and I don’t know what time she’ll be home! All in all, a good day was had. And now, I sleep… I’m opening again tomorrow!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 − = 3