My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

Does anyone talk in this place? March 30, 2011

Today has been another odd day. I went into work at 1:45, thinking I had a class between 2:45 and 3:45. So I was put on chippie tills, card only for a bit. Then I got told my class was canceled, and not to worry about going anywhere. Then, at about 3, I was told the class was still on, and to get over there.

So james and I made our way to the land, where the class was being held, just to find some girls doing some e-learning, and that the man holding the class had left. We tried to just do the e-learning, but we needed a code to log on. So we came back to the UK, just to be told that our class was, in fact, going to be re-scheduled.

By this time, the assigner was due a break, so I took over assigning. All was well until the heavens opened. Podium got moved inside, tables got moved around due to the awning leading, and everything went rather mental for a bit. Thankfully, we were just about under control again when the assigner came back.

So I was bumped to seater. I seated for a while, then wondered what was happening with my break. I went to ask the coordinator, who told me she thought I’d already taken my break. *sigh* Clearly, I hadn’t, so I took it then. By the time I came back, podium had been moved back outside. Although it had brightened up, it was obviously going to rain again before the night was out.

Sure enough, it rained again, and we moved podium back inside again. And then I had to take Sabrina’s trainees and train them on Magic moment, as she’d never done it before. So that was fine, but then Sabrina didn’t know what else she was meant to be training them at the end of the night, and there was a whole confusion thing about closing podium and who was meant to do it, and I just got frustrated, and I seem to be the only person who knows what plugs in where, and arrrrrrrgh.

So anyway, I left at 9:15, when I was meant to, having told everyone what they were and weren’t meant to be doing. And having gotten fed up of it all.

So now I’m sat on the bus, on my way home, listening to some Pink Floyd, writing this blog post from my phone. I think Terri mentioned Chinese and inviting Riyad over, which will be awesome. I feel like we haven’t hung out, the three of us, in ages. Oh, and it’s still raining, and the bus is trying to drip on me. Yay. 😐



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 × = 36

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>