My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

Visa Interview – Back to London! October 25, 2010

I have officially decided I hate public transport.
The only way for me to get to London, and have time to sort myself out, before 9am (oh, and not pay about £100) was to catch a bus at 4am!!! This meant leaving home at about 3:15am. Needless to say, I didn’t sleep very much.

Anyways, my visa interview was actually pretty easy. It went quicker than I was expecting, and the Embassy is an amazing building, even if they do have armed guards and massive gates and loads of security.

So, I went in for 9am, went through the security building (pretty much like at an airport) and walked round to the visa entrance. There I had to wait for the receptionist to fix her printer! (It turned out she had to turn it off and on again, and that it’d been doing that for a couple of days – oh the joy of technology) So she checked me in and gave me a number, rather like when you go to a big post office. I waited a little while, then got called to a window in the main room, where I handed over all my paperwork and my passport, and they took my finger prints. Then I had to wait a little while longer, until I eventually got called to a window around the corner. There I had my visa interview. The questions were kinda silly really, more like a chat than anything else.

So you’re going to work for Disney?
What will you be doing over there?
What experience do you have for this?
And you’re the real deal, right? Born and bred British?

Very simple, but I guess the Q1 visa is an easy one to get. It’s basically to prove why I can do that job over an American… simple answer: Because I’m English!

After that, I went back out to the main hall, paid the courier people some money and was on my way out again. The Embassy had my passport, and I was due to get it back (with visa) in 3-5 days! I was all done by just after 10am. Considering I was expecting it to take up to 3 hours, I was very happy with a 1 hour wait.

So after that, I went wandering around London, eventually making my way to Hamleys (just because it’s awesome!) and waiting for my dad to arrive on his Harley 😀 We rode back to my parents place, where I spent an awesome couple of days before heading back to Bristol Friday evening.

All in all, a very simple process!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

7 + = 15

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>