My Disney Journey

This blog was a journey of my application to Walt Disney World's Cultural Representative Program, from sorting out my CV through all the interviews to a year of having a mouse for a boss! Now, watch as I try to get back to my second home.

The UK Pavilion finally met me! December 17, 2010

So I really need to give a bit of a run down of the last few days as yesterdays blog post was far too short for it’s own good!

So, yesterday I spent the morning in Downtown Disney. I bought myself some lego (yay!) as I have been having slight withdrawal symptoms, especially as lego sets are cheaper over here, even when the exchange rate is decent! Oh, and having a lego store on my doorstep means I can get hold of all the sets that’re usually impossible to find! We grabbed lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. A Quick Service Restaurant that brings your food to your table! It’s a lovely lovely place, and so nice. One I will certainly be heading back to. Work was as usual, apart from meeting some of the new people, as I mentioned! Hi everyone, welcome to Florida! (I found out today a few more of them read this)

Today turned out entirely different from original planning. We completely failed to get up early enough for park opening. This was probably just as well, as the time we’d planned to get there for was 9am. Magic Kingdom had Extra Magic Hours this morning, and thus opened at 8am! Either way, we ended up over at West Clock (by Disney Uni), to have a look at Cast Connection (massive discount warehouse where all the discontinued and broken stock goes, for sale to cast members). Cast Connection is just crazy! They have some amazing deals in there, including old printers from offices! Sold as seen, of course, no guarantee they actually work.

After having a browse round there (and I will be going back!), we finally made our way into MK. Didn’t really do very much, but we grabbed lunch at Columbia Harbour House which was yummy. We decided not to try and stay for Mickey’s Very Merry as we were quite tired and fancied a relaxing evening before attending our meet and greet later on. So we headed back to my place, relaxed, grabbed dinner, then headed into another flat in my building at 11:30 for the UK meet and greet.

Meet and greets are usually held for every arrival group within a couple of weeks of them getting here. For some reason, our one kept getting called off, and as such we had to wait until we’d been here 6 weeks, and the next group had arrived, before “meeting” the UK pavilion! This meant we had somewhere around about 15 people to be met, which took a little while. There’s various things and questions asked of the “new” people, but for those of you yet to come here… there is nothing to worry or be nervous about. It’s just a load of fun. You also get given your “mum and dad” who will look after you while you’re here. Thanks to Emily and Dan, who are now my parents! 😀

I’m not going to go into details about what goes on, as that will ruin the surprise for anyone coming out here… but do go to your meet and greet, they’re good fun, and it’s a great way to actually meet loads of people without it being awkward.

After we’d finished meeting everyone, everyone headed off to IHOP (International House of Pancakes) for pancakes! Or whatever took their fancy really. The menu there is so good, I will be going back at a sensible time of day for a sensible meal… probably quite a few times!

As for now, this post has gotten rather long, and I do need to go to sleep. For anyone who hasn’t met me yet, I look forward to your meet and greet… who knows, I may even end up as your mum! 😀

Sleep tight,


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 + 1 =